ISO 14001 Environmental Management System
ISO 14001 is an internationally agreed standard that sets out the requirements for an environmental management system. It helps organizations improve their environmental performance through more efficient use of resources and reduction of waste, gaining a competitive advantage and the trust of stakeholders.
ISO 14001 includes the need for continual improvement of an organizationís systems and approach to environmental concerns. The standard has recently been revised under ISO 14001:2015 version, with key improvements such as the increased prominence of environmental management within the organizationís strategic planning processes, greater input from leadership and a stronger commitment to proactive initiatives that boost environmental performance.
The International Environmental Management System Standard (EMS) is a benchmark to objectively demonstrating that the organization is environmentally conscious, responsible and seeks to improve environmental performance. This EMS may be combined with other systems such as ISO 9001 QMS, ISO 13485 MDD, ISO 22000 FSMS, HACCP MS and ISO 45001 (OHSAS 18001) providing the basis for an integral management system (IMS).
ISO 14001:2015 will respond to the latest trends, including the increasing recognition by companies of the need to factor in both external and internal elements that influence their environmental impact. The changes also ensure that the standard is compatible with other management system standards.
Key emphasis of ISO 14001 Environmental Management System:
- Objectively demonstrate commitment with competence of your organization's goals to the care of the environment.
- Help in managing the organization's performance objectives.
- In improving your organization resources at par with technology and regulations will help reduce costs.
- Benefit the goodwill of your organization or brand through a path of prevention, elimination, reduction and mitigation of incident and impact.
- OEM, customers and consumers expect that organizations carry environmentally friendly practices, is no longer an option.
Prinsip Mahir can help your organization:
- To provide consultancy in obtaining ISO 14001 certification. Our qualified Consultants have developed environmental management systems for other organizations and have hands on experience in implementing and maintaining the EMSs within organizations.
- To provide system-related trainings for your company personnel to create awareness on the Environmental Management System and provide them with the necessary knowledge and skills in the implementation of system.
- To assist with the development of internal auditing procedures and training in developing the necessary skills to assess and report on the conformance and implementation of processes based on ISO 14001.
- To assist company to carry out 1st party audit (internal audit) in evaluating the effectiveness of an organizationís Environmental Management System (EMS) and to measure adherence to that system.
- To monitor implementation of an effective internal auditing process to compare what is actually occurring in a day-to-day operation against our documented policies, procedures, work instructions or quality systems.